almost every morning between the hours of 8 and 10 an old man across the street leaves his house on his squeeky red bicycle, where he goes I have no idea, all I know is he is in desprete need of some WD-40. The sqeeking of his bike is so loud and painful I can only imagine how Trent, with his sensitive ears, might react to it. I don't really know why i decided to share that random fact with you I guess i just figured i needed to write about some of the little details in the beautiful city of livorno since I am leaving tomorrow for Rome. That's right I have been transfered, again! sheesh! I am actually a little sad to leave, I thought for sure I would be hear a little longer, but i guess the lord wants me in Rome 1 (rome is divided into 3 areas). My new companion will be sorella Barbiere (an italian).
So far I have had 5 companions (including sorella watson) and I will be starting my 6th transfer. Crazy! and I will continue this patteren of a new companion every transfer because this will be sorella barbiere's finnal transfer of her mission. I am also heading to my 4th city, a lot of sisters only serve in 3 during their entire mission. I am trying to count all the reasons why I am fortunate, cause really it is kinda hard to move around so much, It just means you have to say goodbye to alot more people. Some one who I am really going to miss from Livorno is Josy.
Josy is so wonderful. I think I mentioned a little about her in my last letter or two. Her family is from peru but has been in Italy for pretty much her whole life. she is 16 and so cute. Anyways i mentioned how she has been coming to church, well this week we had a few really great appointments with her and she is praying to know if baptism is the right step. I wish everyone was as willing to listen and learn as she is. She is really smart and she asks some great questions. I will sure miss her. We made 2 pinatas together and this saturday we were able to see them put to the test at the ward party. We did a pretty good job if you ask me! even if they were a little on the ugly side.
We have also recently started teaching a girl named Sophie. I mentioned before how we found her doing house and she was just recently married. She and her husband both get real excited when ever we talk about eternal families.
Me and sister Crandall have worked hard here in Livorno and I am grateful that I was at least able to leave this city better than it was when i got here. I am sure the Lord has something in store for me in Rome as well.
Ok random topic change, It smells in this internet point. Like all these strange smells mixed together and someone just sprayed some type of air freshener. It is ran by people from india and so to add to the smell there is also some really annoying chanting type music going on in the background, and one of the guys sitting a few computers down keeps moaning to his friend, making fun of this music while another man a few computers down from him keeps repeating over and over again "hello, hello?" trying to figure out how to use the internet phone. Needless to say all these components added together plus the fact that it is really hot is just making this internet experience a joy. :)
sister crandall has promised to send me a program from josy's baptism, cause i am pretty sure it will happen. this gospel is so amazing. I am so grateful to be a missionary! People like josy make all the hard parts totally worth it.
Ok, I gotta get out of this place. i love you all!
The Dirty Dash
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment