So our church is definitely true! Yesterday, we passed some J-dubs and one of them was really excited to talk to us and tell us how wrong our church is. (it isn’t uncommon to see Jehovah’s Witnesses here, there are tons and I am not exaggerating!)
He stopped us by saying did you know that there is only one true church on the earth. And we are all like, yeah actually we do.
It was funny because he wanted to argue so bad, but we were agreeing with almost all of what he was saying. He kept throwing scriptures at us and being like this scripture says this, and we would agree and say yeah it does. He said that because Joseph Smith was not one of the prophets in the Bible he was not a prophet, I am pretty sure that the prophets in the bible did not have bible saying they where prophets when they were the prophet.
He was reading us a scripture in Amos and Sister Steensen said, "Yeah, in fact there is a great scripture in Amos 3:7". He read it out loud and then felt stupid for a minute and then went right back on arguing, or trying to argue.
Later that day we passed by an old investigator and she proceeded to explain to us for nearly 30 minutes how our church was led by demons and that it was based on manipulations. She explained to us about the Catholic church and the whole time she spoke she just seemed very bitter and matter of fact about it. And the more she talked the worse the feelings in the room were. From both of these experiences my testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel, the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints was strengthened. In Moroni 7 it talks of how goodness and light come from God and darkness and evil from the devil and I thought about these 2 people we had talked to and how they seemed angry and forceful as they talked and I thought about how when I share my testimony I feel joy and happiness.
Hmm.. other news from this week…. Iolanda is going to be baptized, just not on Saturday. She says she wants to be baptised she just isn’t ready. She has been struggling a little with the word of wisdom, finding that it isn’t as easy as she thought it might be, but I have complete faith that she will be baptized. We visited her as a district and sang a song and shared some scriptures then ended with a prayer on our knees. We asked her husband to come in and pray with us and I was touched to see that while at first he acted like he didn’t care and didn’t want to kneel with us as soon as the prayer started he too dropped to his knees. (I peeked).
Sister Steensen leaves me this next week. I am both excited and nervous for my new companion. I know it will work out and be great. I think I am mostly just nervous that for a while I will have to be in charge of introducing her to people and setting appointments and explaining the city to her. (I am pretty sure I will be staying in Pescara). It will be good though, I am sure of that. But since my companion is finishing her mission that means we will leave on Tuesday morning to go to Rome and I will have my P-day in Rome next week on an exchange with a companionship there. That should be fun.
Well I am about out of time. So I will just end as always letting you all know that I love and appreciate you and that there is not a doubt in my mind that this gospel is true! Be safe and happy! Vi Voglio Bene!
The Dirty Dash
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment